CWS School Kits
School kits give children in impoverished schools, refugee camps, or other difficult settings some of the basic tools for learning.
Here’s what you’ll need
- One pair of blunt scissors removed from the package (rounded tip, only)
- Three 70-count bound notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter / 12” ruler
- One hand-held pencil sharpener removed from the package
- One large eraser (no pencil cap erasers)
- Six new, unsharpened pencils with erasers, removed from the package
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12”x14” to 14”x17” finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag with handles (solid color or kid-friendly fabric, no logos, reusable shopping bags or backpacks)
All items must be packed inside of the bag. The MyShopAngel website has an affordable CWS Kit bag for bulk purchase. Visit cwskits.org/bag to order. Or, download our school bag pattern and make your own!
Optional: Loose school kit items may be placed in a large Ziploc type bag to keep them together. Remove the air, seal the bag and place inside of the cotton/canvas bag.
Processing fee: $2.00 per kit
Shipping of the kits to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.