CWS Hygiene Kits
In the face of natural disasters, violence, or grinding poverty, hygiene kits can mean the difference between sickness and health for struggling families.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15″ x 28″ to 16″ x 32″ (no fingertip, bath, dish towel or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
- One fingernail or toenail clipper removed from the package (either one is acceptable)
- One bath-size bar of soap in the original package
- One toothbrush in the original package
- Ten standard size Band-Aids
Affordable wide-tooth combs can be found at discount suppliers such as sallybeauty.com. Search for “wide-tooth pastel comb” to see an example of combs that meet the kit requirements.
All items need to fit inside a one-gallon Ziploc type bag. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal before boxing.
Do NOT add any extra items or toothpaste. A tube of extended expiration date toothpaste will be added to each hygiene kit just prior to its final journey.
Processing fee: $2.00 per kit
Shipping of the kits to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.