CWS Emergency Cleanup Buckets
You can provide assistance to families and communities affected by flooding, tornados and other disasters.
Photo: Hope Heroes NFP
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable, lightweight dry cleaning towels (e.g. Handi wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight and seal with packing tape.
Processing fee: $3.00 per bucket
Shipping of the kits to their final destination is expensive. Costs include renting space on trucks, boats and planes, paying for gas, for the insurance of each shipment and for other delivery fees. We ask that our donors help cover a small amount of this cost. You can cover these fees online here.